10 Pre and Post Workout Snacks for Vegans and Vegetarians
Yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but for those who manage to squeeze in a workout in their day to day life, pre and post workout snacks are equally as important. Here are some pre and post workout vegetarian snacks to satisfy hunger, fuel workouts and aid with recovery.
The body builds muscle and recovers 24 hours a day, not just at the gym. Smartly timed snacks can give the body the fuel it needs to build muscle, burn fat and recover as best it can. We suggest grabbing a snack 45 minutes to an hour before your workout.
1. Toast with almost butter and apple: Click here for recipe
2. Roasted chickpeas: Click here for recipe
3. Dried fruits and granola: Click here for recipe
4. Green monster smoothie: Click here for recipe
5. Celery sticks and peanut butter: Click here for recipe
Refueling your body after a hard workout is important for recovery, particularly if it lasts longer than 60 minutes. If your workout is moderate or lasts up to an hour, you can wait until the next meal. If it’s high intensity, strength based, or lasts over two hours, the window for glycogen replenishment is the first 30 to 60 minutes after your workout.
1. Loaded veggie omelette: Click here for recipe
2. Carrots and hummus: Click here for recipe
3. Black bean quinoa salad: Click here for recipe
4. Sweet potato quesadilla: Click here for recipe
5. Brown rice and marinated tofu: Click here for recipe
What (and when) you chose to eat plays a critical role in maintaining your health. If you want to make the most of your workouts and feel energized and satisfied throughout the day, it’s imperative that you make a conscious effort to provide your body the nutrients it needs. These are just some of our favorite nutritional snacks, let us know what some of yours are in the comments section below!